If you are getting stuck in the loading screen when launching the game, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
Verifying the integrity of your game files
It is possible that some files are corrupted or did not install properly. To solve this issue, please verify your game data:
Open your Steam Library > Right-click on Battlerite/Battlerite Royale > Select Properties > Select the tab Local files > Verify integrity of game files
Updating your drivers
Make sure that your video drivers are updated, or you can try to step back through previous driver versions until you find a version that may resolve the issue. The video drivers can be downloaded from your graphics card manufacturer’s website.
You can also try to do a clean installation of your graphics card driver, which means that you remove old graphics drivers from your computer before installing new ones. For best results when you upgrade your graphics driver, we recommend removing all previous versions of the driver from your system.
Issues with your router
These kind of issues can also be caused by your router or your router's configuration. You may need to contact your internet service provider to see if there is a setting in the router that prevents you from playing.
You can try to reboot the router, or to play without or a different router to see if you are still experiencing the same issues.
Make sure the following ports are open in your firewall and/or router:
- TCP port 80
- UDP port ranges 27000-27400 and 28000-28400
If you need further assistance on how to open ports, please contact your internet service provider.
- Turn off Steam Cloud for Battlerite:
Open your Steam Library > Right-click on Battlerite/Battlerite Royale > Select Properties > Select Updates > Make sure that "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Battlerite (Royale)" is not checked.
- Reinstall the game.
- Make sure your Steam client is updated: Launch Steam > Click on Steam in the top-left corner > Check for Steam Client Updates...
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs, such as antivirus and firewall software; these programs may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
You can also try the following:
- Open your Steam Battlerite folder, you can easily find this folder by right clicking on Battlerite in your Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files.
- Open the file called ip.sjson (with notepad or note++) and delete the first IP that shows up after Default, that is the following line "http://126.96.36.199:80".
Other articles that may be relevant
Getting stuck in the loading screen may also be caused by connection related issues. If the steps above did not solve your issue, please also read our article on connection issues.