This solution also works for those whose window has shrunk and are not able to restore the full screen setting.
This issue can be solved by resetting your resolution settings. Please follow these steps to do so:
Resetting the resolution settings directly in Windows
- Windows Settings > System > Display > Resolution
- Change to a different resolution, and then back to your desired resolution.
Resetting the resolution settings manually
- Make sure Battlerite is not running. Open the File Explorer and type %APPDATA%/Battlerite/Graphics.json in the directory line. Press Enter.
- The graphics.json file will open. Please try to change the resolution in that file by deleting the text and replacing it with the following code:
This would be for a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080. Please adjust the parameters to fit your monitor's resolution. Save the file and launch the game.
Saving the resolution settings in Steam Cloud Sync
If the above solution doesn't work for you, please make sure that Steam isn't trying to synchronize the incorrect resolution settings.
- Open your Steam Library > Right-click on Battlerite > Properties > Updates > Remove the check mark from "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Battlerite".
- Launch Battlerite > Options > Graphics > Resolution
- Choose your desired resolution and go back to Steam without closing the game.
- Again, right-click on Battlerite > Properties > Updates > Check back the mark on "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Battlerite". The new resolution should save in the cloud from now on.
If the error shows up again, please repeat the process and skip step 4 this time.