Some users that have Razer Headsets have reported not hearing any game audio. They have solved it by closing the APO Helper process. We are investigating why it doesn’t work in the first place.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete
- Open the Task Manager
- Find the process named "*something* APO Helper”.
- Right-click and choose End Task
- Start the game again and see if it works for you
Please try fixing the issue by disabling Nahimic from your system.
If this doesn't solve the audio problem, please send us a ticket describing the issue and include your DxDiag and output log.
To get the DxDiag File please follow these steps:
1. Go to your TaskBar and click on the Start Button
2. Click on Run
3. In the pop-up window enter "DxDiag" and click on Ok
4. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear
5. Click on Save all information and the Save As window should appear
6. Click on "Save"
7. The file should be saved to your desktop under the name DxDiag.txt
You can find the Output log on
Steam > Right click on Battlerite > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Battlerite_Data -- the document is called "Output_log"