These kind of errors can be caused by a wide array of different issues. If you experience a crash with an error message, a crash to your desktop, or if your computer freezes while playing Battlerite, first make sure that your computer meets the system requirements.
If your system meets the requirements, please try the following troubleshooting steps.
Verifying the integrity of your game files
It is possible that some files are corrupted or did not install properly. To solve this issue, please verify your game data:
Open your Steam Library > Right-click on Battlerite > Select Properties > Select the tab Local files > Verify integrity of game files
Play on DirectX 9
Some users are experiencing crashes in the game related to DirectX 11. Make sure that you have tried starting the game with DirectX 9.
When you press to Play in the Steam Client, there will be a prompt where you can select DirectX9.
To enable DirectX 9 in Battlerite Royale, please follow these steps: Go to your Steam Library > Right-click on Battlerite Royale > Properties > Set Launch Options > Add this line: -force-d3d9
Updating your drivers
Make sure that your video drivers are updated, or you can try to step back through previous driver versions until you find a version that may resolve the issue. The video drivers can be downloaded from your graphics card manufacturer’s website.
NVIDIA GeForce Driver - http://www.geforce.com/drivers
AMD Video Driver - http://support.amd.com
You can also try to do a clean installation of your graphics card driver, which means that you remove old graphics drivers from your computer before installing new ones. For best results when you upgrade your graphics driver, we recommend removing all previous versions of the driver from your system.
Resetting the video driver settings
If you have made changes to the software settings on your video card drivers, it may cause crashes or performance issues. Reset your video driver settings to correct this problem.
NVIDIA: Right-click on your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel > Click Manage 3D Settings > In the upper-right corner, click Restore Defaults.
AMD: Right-click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings > Click the Preferences tab > Select Restore Factory Defaults.
Out of memory
Some users are crashing because they run out of memory. Please try the following:
- Enable or increase the page file size. The page file is some space on your hard drive the computer puts data in when the RAM memory is full. If it’s disabled you could try to activate it. You may follow the steps in this guide.
- Close programs you have running in the background to free up some memory. For example Chrome is a heavy memory user.
- Restart the game between matches. This sucks but it could help you.
Players with AMD Video Cards
Please try to increase the TdrDelay (Timeout Detection and Recovery delay) by following these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers (you have to select the GraphicsDrivers folder, not just expand it)
- On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Select DWORD (32-bit) value, or select QWORD (64-bit) value.
- Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
- Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.
Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.
This should give your GPU time to render all models before the driver resets it and causes a crash.
Players with Avast AntiVirus
This is a crash issue that occurs in the startup loading screen. The combination of having Hitman Pro Malware Removal Tool and Avast AntiVirus installed and active while starting Battlerite will cause this crash. Please deactivate or uninstall either of these programs to play Battlerite - having only Avast AntiVirus or only Hitman Pro does not seem to cause the crash.